Lilla Network announces English-language publication of Chiapas pro-women directory
The Lilla: International Women’s Network is proud to announce the English-language publication of its directory of pro-women organisations operating in Chiapas, Mexico. Entitled The Struggles for Women’s Rights in Chiapas: A Directory of Social Organisations Supporting Chiapas Women, it is the translation of the original Spanish work, Las Luchas por los Derechos de las Mujeres en Chiapas: Un Directorio de Organizaciones Sociales que Trabajan a Favor de las Chiapanecas. The English publication brings an end to a 12-month project, and is introduced with a text by Mercedes Olivera B. of the Centre for Higher Studies of Mexico and Central America (Centro de Estudios Superiores de México y Centroamérica, CESMECA) and the Chiapas Centre for Women’s Rights (Centro de Derechos de la Mujer de Chiapas, CDMCH).
The English edition of the directory can be downloaded at the following links:
- The complete publication (also here from this external link).
- The complete publication (as a .zip file from an external link).
- The prologue, hints and tips, and research methodology.
- The introduction by Mercedes Olivera B.
- Two maps of Chiapas plus the location index, listing the areas of operation of the organisations registered in the directory.
- The directory of organisations (also here from this external link).
- The index, including names and abbreviations of civil society organisations mentioned in the directory (in both English and Spanish), as well as the issues dealt with by the organisations and the populations they work with.
- The appendices, which include the EZLN’s Women’s Revolutionary Law, the Political Pact: Non-Governmental Organisations, Collectives, Social Organisations and Institutions of Chiapas, Free of Violence Against Women, and the questionnaires used to collect the information which appears in this publication.
In addition, a revised edition of the original Spanish publication has been finalised. Both editions are available for download here: http://lilla.org.au/directory-chiapas.
We appreciate your comments on this publication, which can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.